These Terms apply to the customers who use rent bicycles of Giant Store (hereinafter referred to as the "Stores"). The matters which are not provided in these Terms shall be dealt with in accordance with laws and ordinances, or common practice.
Article 1. Purpose
The purpose of the Stores is to enrich customers' sports cycling lives and contribute to the promotion of the culture of sports cycling.
Article 2. Eligibility
Rent bicycles are available only to a customer who satisfies all of the following conditions:
- Who agrees to the purpose of the Stores and observes these Terms and other traffic regulations etc.
- Who has a telephone number which the Stores and each operating company can surely contact.
- Who carries an identification card on the rental date and can show it to the store staff.
- Whose health condition is sufficient to withstand the use of sports cycling.
- Who is not under the influence of alcohol.
- Who does not belong to an organized crime syndicate.
- Who does not have any infection or other infectious disease that is likely to be transmitted or infected to others.
- In case of a customer who is under 18 years old, who can be accompanied during the rental period by a person with parental authority or a person who is 18 years of age or older (hereinafter referred to as the "guardian"). In such case, the guardian's signature and identification card are required for the application for the use. The guardian shall be jointly and severally liable with you in accordance with these Terms.
- Who has never failed to pay for rent bicycles.
- Who is regarded as qualified for the use by the Stores.
Article 3. Reservation
- You may make advanced reservations by calling to the Stores by closing time on the previous day of the desired date of rent.
- In case of reservation, please tell us the user's name, age, phone number, the desired course of rent bicycles and the desired date and time of rent.
- If you would like to return the bicycle to the different Store from the Store where you rent, please tell us at the moment of reservation. This service is available at limited stores only. Please contact the Stores for more information.
- We may not rent the types of bicycles you desire depending on the rental situation.
- You may rent bicycle on the current day without reservation. However, we give priority to the customers who make reservation in advance.
- Please inform the Stores in advance by phone if you are likely to be late for the reserved time on the rental date.
Article 4. Cancellation of Reservation
- You may cancel the reservation by making a call to the Stores by closing time of the previous day of desired date of rent.
- Reservation shall be automatically cancelled after a lapse of one hour from the reserved time without any contact.
Article 5. Application Procedure
Application procedure is as follows.
- Confirm with the store staff the term of rent, and rental course and rental parts of rent bicycles.
- Fill the prescribed matters in the application form.
- Hand over the application form and the identification card to the store staff. The store staff will confirm the card and write down the number of the card in some cases.
- Pay the rental fee. The rental fee is as described separately and shall be generally paid in advance.
- The store staff will explain how to handle the bicycle and the parts (herein after referred to as the "rental items") we rent.
- The bicycle condition shall be adjusted for each customer by the store staff.
- You and the store staff shall together confirm whether there is no inadequate maintenance upon the rental items.
- The store staff will deliver the rental items to you.
Article 6. Return of Rental Items
- You shall return rental items to the Store that you are supposed to return to by the due time.
- Please return rental items in the same condition as it was at the time of rent. In case of abnormity or breakdown, please informl the store staff immediately.
Article 7. Conclusion of Rental Contract
- Rental contract shall be concluded when the Stores receive rental fee and deliver rental items to you.
- If the reserved rental items cannot be rent due to an accident, theft or other reasons which are not attributable to the Stores or each operating company, the Stores may cancel their consent to the reservation.
Article 8. Invalidity of Rent Bicycles Request
The Stores or each operating company may invalidate your application without any notice to you and require you to return rental items immediately if you meet any of the items below. In such case, the Store will not refund the rental fee at all that the Store received pursuant to Article 5.
- You take any action that breaks these Terms;
- You get into an accident caused by reasons attributable to you; or
- You no longer fall under Article 2.
Article 9. Overdue
- Please inform the Stores if you are not likely to return rental items in time.
- If rental items are returned after the due time, you shall pay excess fees described separately.
- You shall compensate for the damage suffered by the third party in such case as the next applicants cannot use the bicycle because of the delay.
- We may contact you by phone, post, emails etc. if the due time has elapsed and you fail to return without any notice. Even if we do not contact you, surcharge shall be charged in accordance with these Terms.
Article 10. Usage of Hand Washing Space and Shower Room (* Available at limited stores)
- Please use store facilities properly and keep good manners.
- Please use hand washing spaces and shower rooms cleanly. Please dump your rubbish in a trash box which is equipped in each facility.
- Please ask the store staff about a lost property. We will keep the item for 2 months, if possible. However, we may dispose of them if they are dirty clothes or the things that can be hardly stored. You shall bear the cost of such disposal and we will not accept your objection at all.
- You may use rental towels which we lend in the shower rooms only to dry yourself off and you should not take them outside of the Stores. And a towel may be lent for one use and please return it back to the pick-up areas.
- The number of shower rooms is limited, therefore please do not occupy them for a long time when the rooms are crowded. In addition, please be environmentally friendly and try to save water.
- Please do not take out the equipment of the Stores which are equipped in the shower rooms.
- Please keep your valuables in a safe place. We take no responsibility for theft.
- You shall not use hand washing spaces and shower rooms outside the business hours of the Stores.
Article 11. Usage of Locker (* Available at limited stores)
- You may use a locker equipped in the Stores if you apply for the rent bicycles.
- The store staff will hand over a locker key when you apply for the use.
- Please do not put your valuables into the locker. The Stores or operating companies will take no responsibilities at all if you suffer damages including but not limited to theft.
- Please do not put food, living things, dangerous things and other things that may cause water leakage or bad smell into the locker. If the Stores, customers or third parties suffer damages by these things, you as a owner of these things shall compensate for the damages. The store staff may open the locker and try to solve the problems without your permission if the water leakage or bad smell occurs.
- You shall not use the lockers outside the business hours of the Stores.
- After returning the rental items, please pick up all your belongings in the locker and return the locker key to the store staff. We will keep your belongings which are remained in the locker for 2 months, however, if you do not contact us or do not come to the Store to take them for the term, we will dispose of them after the term. You shall bear the cost of disposal and we will not accept your objection at all.
Article 12. Breakdown or Breakage
- If the rental items are broken down or broken, please stop using the item and inform the Store immediately.
- If the bicycle tire goes flat, please use the fix kit and fix it if you borrow the kit from the Stores. If you do not know how to fix it, please contact the Stores.
- We may charge you for the damage of the rental items if they are broken down or broken by reasons attributable to you.
Article 13. Theft or Loss
- Please inform the Stores immediately if rental items are stolen or lost.
- We may charge you for the damage from the theft or the loss of the rental items which is attributable to you.
- If you lose your locker key, we will charge you \1,000 for reissue fee.
Article 14. Accident
- If you get in an accident during the rental period, please inform the Stores immediately.
- Please take action provided in laws and ordinances such as contacting police by yourself if needed.
- You shall compensate for the damage suffered by the Stores or third parties if the damage is caused by reasons attributable to you.
- The damage will be compensated to the extent covered by the compensation of "Travel Insurance".
- If you need settlement regarding the accident, you shall take settlement at your own responsibility. The Stores and each operating company will take no responsibility at all about the accident.
- If you or the third parties suffer damages caused by the breakdown of the bicycles, the Stores and each operating company will take no responsibility at all.
Article 15. Prohibited Acts
- You shall not let anyone use the rental items other than the user described in the application form of the rent bicycles during the rental period.
- You shall not take any of the following prohibited actions during the rental period:
- Ride recklessly, or under the influence of the alcohol, or take any other actions that violate the traffic regulations;
- Ride in a dangerous location, in an inappropriate place or way;
- Ride in such way as may prohibit pedestrians etc. from passing on the street;
- Make any modification or change of structure and/or devices etc. of the rental items;
- Ride without wearing helmets;
- Take any other actions that violate laws, ordinances and regulations.
Article 16. Termination due to Force Majeure
The rental contract shall be terminated when the rental items become unusable due to force majeure, including but not limited to disaster, which is not attributable to the Stores, each operating company or you. In such case, you shall inform the Stores immediately and accept in advance that rental fee shall not be refunded.
Article 17. Good Faith
You, the Stores and each operating company shall negotiate in good faith and make an effort to settle if any doubts related to the contents of these Terms or the matters which are not provided herein arise.
Article 18. Agreed Jurisdictional Court
You agree that any dispute arising in connection with rights or obligations under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the district court which has jurisdiction over the head office of each operating company or the Stores.